Hey guys, this exercise involves 9ths up and down the fretboard using the lower strings. I hope you enjoy and please rate and comment!
- Memorize your three shapes first.
- Trwy and incorporate these into your on compositions!
- The only different shapes (in a diatonic major key) will be your iii chord and vii dim chord. The rest (I–ii–IV–V–vi) will have the same shape.
- Follow the picking pattern: D, D, U, D, D, U etc…
- A 9th (Intervallically speaking) is the next diatonic note above your octave. We will be focusing on using the root, fifth and ninth.
You can download a free PDF of the lesson here.
I hope you guys enjoyed this lesson, please check out my other lessons. Please comment and rate my lesson. If you have any questions, I will be happy to help out! Thanks!
About the Author:
By George Salas. For more free lessons, please visit gsguitarfun.weebly.com.