Hey guys! This lesson is for those of you who want to learn how slap technique.
If you already know slap, this might help you a bit too. Hope you enjoy!
What will I need for this lesson?
- You will need a 7 or 8 string guitar (preferably). You can slap with a 6 string but it doesn’t sound as cool as an 8.
- I am tuned to drop tuning so make note of that.
- Make sure you have decent sounding pickups. Usually you won’t get the clarity needed for slap with stock pickups.
Things to focus on:
- Your right hand should look as if it is holding a camera.
- Be sure to slap the string between the neck and bridge pickups.
- Your left hand should be in 3rd position in order to mute the 7 strings and stop the 8th string with your ring and middle fingers.
- Regarding triplets, you slap, stop with your left hand then “hit” the guitar with your right hand over the low strings.
- Play with a metronome to keep track of progress.
- Have fun when you get the hang of it!!!
Hope you guys enjoyed this lesson! Be sure to give a good rating and comment below! I will respond! Thank you!
You can download a free PDF of the lesson here: 8 string, 7 string
About the Author:
By George Salas. For more free lessons, please visit gsguitarfun.weebly.com.